Picks History - Todd McShay by Tom
- Click on the Week to unhide/hide the games.
- Click on a game to unhide/hide the details of the pick.
- Note: You will need to enable JavaScript for the unhide/hide function to work. You might need to allow ActiveX if your browser's security settings try to block them. View the source or click here to view the innocuous source code.
2-0
WEEK 218-0
Georgia vs. South Carolina8/7/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Georgia: I like Georgia to win somewhat convincingly. I know this game is always close and I know USC lost by only two points in Athens last year. I'm also not a huge fan of Joe Tereshinski at QB. But I think GA is far superior in terms of overall athleticism in this game. South Carolina looked good on defense last week but they sputtered offensively vs. a bade Miss. State defense. QB Blake Mitchell will be under heavy pressure from Moses and the gang this week and where was Sidney Rice in the opener? Just 2 catches?
Note: In response to: "Your thoughts on how the South Carolina-Georgia game will play out...."
17-41
Penn St. vs. Notre Dame8/7/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Notre Dame: I like the Irishto win this game and I think they can pull away in the second half. ND is too talented offensively to sputter for a second-consecutive week. PSU has the best trio of LB's in the country but its defense is inexperienced along the front and back lines. Brady Quinn, if given the time, could put up some big passing numbers with WR's Jeff Samardzija and Rhema McKnight.
Note: In response to: "Prediction on ND Penn State??? "
4-4
WEEK 324-45
Maryland vs. West Virginia9/14/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)West Virginia: West Virginia beats Maryland by three touchdowns. I've been struggling with this one for a couple of days now. I know this is an underrated rivalry game and I know that MD is a dangerous team with some young talent and a good coach in Ralf Friedgen... But WVU is too good.
Note: In response to: "How about my Mounties? Care to predict a score for tonight's game?"
27-20
Clemson vs. Florida St.9/14/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Florida St.: They can but they won't. FSU has marked this game on its schedule. Bobby Bowden did not like losing to his son last year and it won't happen two times in a row. Clemson has to travel to Tallahassee this time around and its defense is depleted after losing LB's Waters and Billie. I think FSU wins somewhat convincingly.
Note: In response to: "Do you think Clemson can beat FSU on Saturday? "
21-20
Florida vs. Tennessee9/14/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Florida: Hahaha. That's classic. Well, Brad, I like Florida to steal one on the road, so here's some ammo... First off, injuries are killer for Tennessee. DT Harrell might still play but he tore his biceps last week. Starting DC Inky Johnson is out and starting RB Arian Foster is questionable. Secondly, I think Florida matches up very well. They have four good receivers to spread the field with, including Percy Harvin, Andre Caldwell, D. Baker and J. Cornellius. That will present a big match up problem for Tennessee.
Note: In response to: "My coworker BT has been telling me all week that UT is going all the way this year, give me some good reason why they will not make it out of this weekend with a win, and also so I can knock over his Coach Fuller bobblehead "
17-27
Iowa St. vs. Iowa9/14/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Iowa: I think the Hawkeyes will win convincingly. I know Iowa State has played them tough for years now and I know Iowa State pulled off the upset last season. But Iowa is a far more complete team this season. I don't care what people say, coach Ferentz held QB Drew Tate out last week in order to make sure Tate was 100-percent this week. My guess is that Tate would have played if it wasn't Syracuse... and it almost came back to bite Ferentz.
Note: In response to: "C'mon Todd. Give us some thoughts on the Iowa/Iowa state game. Will the hawks rebound after their near disaster to Syracuse?"
3-7
LSU vs. Auburn8/7/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN)Auburn: I would agree that the Auburn/LSU game promises to decide the SEC West. LSU has better all-around talent but I was impressed with how composed Auburn QB Brandon Cox was in that game a year ago. If Auburn can remain healthy by that third game of the season, I would expect them to pull off the win.
Note: In response to question: "What are the chances that LSU can beat Auburn on the road, the home team has not lost in a long time. That game will surely decide who the frontrunner for the SEC west is" from "Jason (Baton Rouge)"
7-31
Miami (FL) vs. Louisville9/14/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Miami (FL): I think so, Nick. Miami's defense will be the toughest unit that Brian Brohm & Co. face all season.
Note: In response to: "Does Miami come out of Louisville with a win and show the nation that they shouldn't be counted out just yet? "
10-28
Nebraska vs. Southern Cal9/14/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Southern Cal: One and one. USC will handle Nebraska in LA, but I think Oklahoma upsets the Ducks in Eugene.
Note: In response to: "How do you think the Pac-10 will fare this week against the Big XII? USC/Neb and Ore/OK? "
33-34
Oklahoma vs. Oregon9/14/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Oklahoma: One and one. USC will handle Nebraska in LA, but I think Oklahoma upsets the Ducks in Eugene.
Note: In response to: "How do you think the Pac-10 will fare this week against the Big XII? USC/Neb and Ore/OK? "
32-29
Tulane vs. Mississippi St.9/14/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Mississippi St.: I like the Bulldogs' chances vs. Tulane. At least one touchdown, right?
Note: In response to: "Does Miss State score this weekend?"
1-1
WEEK 67-20
TCU vs. Utah10/5/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)TCU: I like TCU a lot in this game. I think TCU got caught overlooking BYU last week and I think coach Gary Patterson had his team's attention during practice leading up to tonight's game. Utah's offense looked miserable vs. Boise last week. I know Utah is favored but I think TCU can will this game convincingly on the road.
Note: In response to :"utah - tcu?"
10-28
Oklahoma vs. Texas10/5/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Texas: For the most part the Red River Rivalry has been won by the better team recently. I think Mack Brown has the better all-around team and should prove so in a low-scoring but somewhat convincing win.
Note: In response to :"Come on Todd.. whole chat, not one questin about the red river shootout? I think this game will be low-scoring with McCoy's inexperience and Texas's great D offsetting Oklahoma's strengths. Thoughts? "
1-1
WEEK 73-22
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College10/12/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Virginia Tech: I like the Hokies to bounce back strong tonight. BC plays everyone close, so I would expect this game to be decided late in the fourth quarter. Both teams were idle last Saturday but I think the Hokies benefit from that the most. Coach Frank Beamer is clearly looking to get the more mobile backup QB Ike Whittaker involved in some capacity and I think we'll see more of him in a rotation with starter Sean Glennon tonight. I'll go with Va. Tech 24, B.C. 17.
Note: In response to: "What are your thoughts on the VT BC game tonight? Does Tech come back with a vengence after being embarrassed at home last week or does BC put the same type of smackdown on a Tech team that's obviously not as good as they have been the last few seasons?"
10/12/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Virginia Tech: like the Hokies to bounce back strong tonight. BC plays everyone close, so I would expect this game to be decided late in the fourth quarter. Both teams were idle last Saturday but I think the Hokies benefit from that the most. Coach Frank Beamer is clearly looking to get the more mobile backup QB Ike Whittaker involved in some capacity and I think we'll see more of him in a rotation with starter Sean Glennon tonight. I'll go with Va. Tech 24, B.C. 17.
Note: In response to: "What are your thoughts on the VT BC game tonight? Does Tech come back with a vengence after being embarrassed at home last week or does BC put the same type of smackdown on a Tech team that's obviously not as good as they have been the last few seasons? "
17-27
Florida vs. Auburn10/12/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Auburn: The Tigers match up a lot better vs. Florida than they did last week vs. Arkansas. The Razorbacks simply overpowered the undersized Auburn defense last week for 279 rushing yards. That won't happen this week. The Gators are far more athletic but Auburn has the athletes to match up defensively. I actually like Auburn to win this game. Tuberville is seven of his last eight vs. top-10 teams and the Tigers will be geared up to play the No. 2 team in the country after their embarrasing showing last week.
Note: In response to: "What is Auburn going to do against the Gators on Saturday?"
10/12/2006
SportsNation Chat (ESPN.com)Auburn: What is Auburn going to do against the Gators on Saturday?
Note: In response to: "I actually like Auburn to win this game. Tuberville is seven of his last eight vs. top-10 teams and the Tigers will be geared up to play the No. 2 team in the country after their embarrasing showing last week."
