Picks History - Rece Davis by Tom
- Click on the Week to unhide/hide the games.
- Click on a game to unhide/hide the details of the pick.
- Note: You will need to enable JavaScript for the unhide/hide function to work. You might need to allow ActiveX if your browser's security settings try to block them. View the source or click here to view the innocuous source code.
13-10
Florida St. vs.
Miami (FL) Florida St.: I am going with the Seminoles, I think Mickey Andrews is always able to replace those down linemen on defense. I think they will survive that game against Miami.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
21-20
Florida vs.
Tennessee Tennessee: I like Tennessee in this game too, but if Tennessee loses those two early games, they could have another long season. They have an early season game against Cal as well.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
7-31
Miami (FL) vs.
Louisville Miami (FL): Tempted to go with Louisville, I’m going to go with the overall edge in talent with Miami. I think Miami is going to have a tough time in that one though.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
47-21
Michigan vs.
Notre Dame Michigan: I’m leaning with Todd [Blackledge]. I think this is a break through year for Michigan. I think they bounce back, you know, undersold a little bit like 1997 when they won the National Championship.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
6-28
Penn St. vs.
Ohio St. Ohio St.: [As said by Rece Davis] September 23, a little bit light on the schedule, save for the Ohio St.-Penn St. game, which all of us [Mark May, Todd Blackledge, and Rece Davis] believe that Ohio St. will survive victorious against Joe Paterno’s Nittany Lions.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
Ohio St.: For the first, Ferentz has his quarterback returning, his leading rusher returning, and I’m going with Ohio St. I love Ferentz; he does a great job. I think Ohio St. has a little bit too much talent for them.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
17-10
Michigan vs.
Penn St. Penn St.: I’ll tell you what, I think he’s [Todd Blackledge] on the money about the Michigan-Penn St. [Penn St. defeating Michigan].
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
Michigan: I’ll tell you what, I think he’s [Todd Blackledge] on the money about the Michigan-Penn St. [Penn St. defeating Michigan], and it is probably something that might hurts Michigan down the road, in our opinion, in trying to make the playoffs. I think once again Iowa suffers a heartbreaking loss in the end -- a close loss Ohio St., a close loss to Michigan right at the very end, but still in the hunt, still in the hunt May Day.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
-
West Virginia vs.
Louisville Louisville: I’m going Louisville this team at home. I think the 17 returning starters, Brohm back to help. I think Louisville is going to win this game.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
-
Virginia Tech vs.
Miami (FL) Miami (FL): I’m going with Miami in this game, too. I think the Miami offense is going to mature over the course of the season.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
Georgia: I think Auburn a little bit too talented for Georgia, especially young quarterback going in there, no matter who the quarterback is, either young or inexperienced quarterback that Mark Ricks will have.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"
Auburn: One thing we haven’t seen in this game, we haven’t seen the epic memorable game in several years. I think we’ll get that Nov. 18 in Tuscaloosa. I also think Auburn’s still a little too deep, a little too experiences for Alabama this year. I think Auburn will get our by the slimmest of margins and remain undefeated.
Note: On Segment "SportsCenter Championship Series"