Picks History - Kirk Herbstreit by Tom
- Click on the Week to unhide/hide the games.
- Click on a game to unhide/hide the details of the pick.
- Note: You will need to enable JavaScript for the unhide/hide function to work. You might need to allow ActiveX if your browser's security settings try to block them. View the source or click here to view the innocuous source code.
18-35
California vs.
Tennessee Tennessee: If I’m playing for Tennesee, and I’m in a hotel right now -- fellas, how tired are you hearing about Cal in the first week of the season? Have you heard about Marshawn Lynch? Have you heard about Jeff Tedford? They’ve averaged 34 points per game for the last four years. “Cal, Cal, Cal” is the whole reason Tennessee circles the wagons, and wins this game at home. I think they do show that pride. I think David Cutcliffe as the offensive coordinator is going to affect Erik Ainge. The receivers are finally going to get involved in the offense, and we are going to see Tennessee get of to an upset, and win this game at home against Cal.
12-35
N. Illinois vs.
Ohio St. Ohio St.: I think they’ll coach conservatively. They want to kinda limp into Austin. They’ll win. It will be businesslike, methodical, closer than the experts as my friend [Lee Corso] says.
50-14
Southern Cal vs.
Arkansas Southern Cal: I like SC here. I think they’ll really look good here in their first game.
7-34
Southern Miss vs.
Florida Florida: Chris Leak and Tim Tebow get off to a good start. Gators with all that speed, I think they are anxious to get started. Southern Miss is a better team than, I think, people are expecting on defense. Maybe an early test, but the Gators pull ahead in the second half.
Stanford: I’m nervous about this one, but I am going to go with an upset here with Stanford and Walt Harris, second year. He’s got a quarterback in Trent Edwards that can throw it around. I like the Cardinal in an upset over the Ducks on the road.
13-38
Virginia vs.
Pittsburgh Pittsburgh: I think Pitt and Tyler Palko are a better team than people think. I like Pitt to be able to take care of business in this one.
13-10
Florida St. vs.
Miami (FL) Miami (FL): They [Miami] are going to the National Title game and it starts tonight.
Miami (FL): I’m telling you right now, the Canes offense with Rich Olson, with an experienced quarterback in Kyle Wright, and the Canes defense will be as good as there is in the country, not only are they going to take care of Florida St. at home. They are going to win the National Championship this year. The Miami Hurricanes are for real. I’m telling you, they are going to show America Monday night.
30-31
Air Force vs.
Tennessee Tennessee: They'll go right through Air Force this week.
LSU: LSU gets it done.
LSU: A close game, I like LSU
33-34
Clemson vs.
Boston College Clemson: I like Clemson
Clemson: The speed will prevail for the Clemson Tigers on the road.
17-41
C. Michigan vs.
Michigan Michigan: They'll do enough to win.
14-10
Colorado St. vs.
Colorado Colorado St.: I like Colorado St.
18-0
Georgia vs.
South Carolina South Carolina: South Carolina upsets Georgia.
Rutgers: [Rutgers] takes care of Illinois today.
17-42
Minnesota vs.
California
31-24
Oregon vs.
Fresno St. Oregon: I like Oregon to get it done
Oregon: I like Oregon, but a close game.
17-41
Penn St. vs.
Notre Dame Notre Dame: I like Notre Dame to beat Penn St.
Texas Tech: I like Texas Tech in this one
10-13
Vanderbilt vs.
Alabama
27-20
Clemson vs.
Florida St. Clemson: Will Proctor and Clemson win in a shootout.
21-20
Florida vs.
Tennessee Tennessee: Tennessee at home uses the crowd to beat Florida.
Iowa: Hawkeyes remain unbeaten with a win today.
Auburn: Auburn beats LSU.
Auburn: Well, I picked Auburn to win the SEC, so I think you can probably read between the lines as to who I think will win. I think the combo of Brandon Cox and Kenny Irons will be the difference in the game. That and the homefield advantage of Jordan-Hare. War Eagle!
Note: In response to: "Kirk, who do you think will come out on top of the Auburn/LSU game this weekend?"
7-31
Miami (FL) vs.
Louisville Miami (FL): I like Miami.
Miami (FL): I have Miami.
47-21
Michigan vs.
Notre Dame Notre Dame: They are going to brawl for four quarters. This is going to be a tight game in my opinion. The difference is going to be Brady Quinn at home. . . . They [Michigan] lose to a better team, but they are going to play hard.
38-23
Michigan St. vs.
Pittsburgh Pittsburgh: I like Pitt at home to start out 3-0.
17-37
NC State vs.
Southern Miss Southern Miss: I take Southern Miss at home.
Oklahoma: Oklahoma finds their way up to Eugene and takes care of the Ducks.
31-21
Syracuse vs.
Illinois Illinois: I'm going with Illinois.
Texas Tech: I think Texas Tech, on the road, gets it done against TCU.
23-24
Alabama vs.
Arkansas Alabama: I'm going with Bama.
21-49
Arizona St. vs.
California California: Cal wins at home.
California: I like Cal.
UCLA: I like UCLA as a team that in this game is going to be able to get it done. I wanted to go towards Washington, but overall UCLA, justtoo much ability.
13-14
Colorado vs.
Georgia Georgia: Oh yeah.
Note: In response to question: "Third straight shutout today [for Georgia]?"
Florida:
Note: Whistles and waves hand indicating no problem.
24-6
Louisville vs.
Kansas St. Louisville: Louisville will be just fine.
Louisville: I like Louisville.
6-28
Penn St. vs.
Ohio St. Ohio St.: Ohio St., Troy Smith. Big win over Penn State today.
20-3
Southern Cal vs.
Arizona Southern Cal:
Note: Listed on screen as picking Southern Cal
13-27
Wisconsin vs.
Michigan Michigan: No let down today from the Big Blue.
Boise St.: I think they [Boise St.] win today.
13-28
Colorado vs.
Missouri Colorado: I think they [Colorado] beat Missouri today.
38-27
Georgia Tech vs.
Virginia Tech Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech, I think, upsets Virginia Tech with Reggie Ball playing well enough and finding Calvin Johnson to win it.
13-14
Houston vs.
Miami (FL) Miami (FL): I like Miami.
Miami (FL): They're [Miami (FL) gonna be 5-2
Note: Said before Week 4 when they were 1-2.
23-20
Illinois vs.
Michigan St. Michigan St.: I think they [Michigan St.] beat Illinios
28-14
Michigan vs.
Minnesota Michigan: I personally believe they [Michigan] will be 11-0 when they show up on the old Buckeyes' front door knocking, saying, "let's go play."
Note: Said before Week 5 when Michigan is 4-0.
48-13
Oregon vs.
Arizona St. Oregon: I like Oregon
Oregon: Oregon gets it done on the road.
21-35
Purdue vs.
Notre Dame Notre Dame: Notre Dame very, very impressive today against Purdue.
28-22
Southern Cal vs.
Washington St. Washington St.: I really believe they [Southern Cal] lose today.
31-27
Texas Tech vs.
Texas A&M Texas Tech: I'm picking Texas Tech just because Army almost beat Texas A&M.
21-10
Washington vs.
Arizona Arizona: Starting today against Arizona.
Note: In reference to losing Pac-10 games on the road
14-55
Louisiana Tech vs.
Boise St. Boise St.: I think they [Boise St.] run the table.
13-31
Michigan St. vs.
Michigan Michigan:
Note: Thanks for reader "rlc" for documenting these picks.
Michigan: I personally believe they [Michigan] will be 11-0 when they show up on the old Buckeyes' front door knocking, saying, "let's go play."
Note: Said before Week 5 when Michigan is 4-0.
38-21
Missouri vs.
Texas Tech Texas Tech:
Note: Thanks for reader "rlc" for documenting these picks.
28-14
Nebraska vs.
Iowa St. Nebraska:
Note: Thanks for reader "rlc" for documenting these picks.
7-27
North Carolina vs.
Miami (FL) Miami (FL): They're [Miami (FL) gonna be 5-2
Note: Said before Week 4 when they were 1-2.
Texas:
Note: Thanks for reader "rlc" for documenting these picks.
24-45
Oregon vs.
California Oregon:
Note: Thanks for reader "rlc" for documenting these picks.
Iowa:
Note: Thanks for reader "rlc" for documenting these picks.
51-33
Tennessee vs.
Georgia Tennessee:
Note: Thanks for reader "rlc" for documenting these picks.
-
Florida Intl vs.
Miami (FL) Miami (FL): They're [Miami (FL) gonna be 5-2
Note: Said before Week 4 when they were 1-2.
Michigan: I personally believe they [Michigan] will be 11-0 when they show up on the old Buckeyes' front door knocking, saying, "let's go play."
Note: Said before Week 5 when Michigan is 4-0.
-
Boise St. vs.
New Mexico St. Boise St.: I think they [Boise St.] run the table.
Boise St.: I think they [Boise St.] run the table.
Michigan: I personally believe they [Michigan] will be 11-0 when they show up on the old Buckeyes' front door knocking, saying, "let's go play."
Note: Said before Week 5 when Michigan is 4-0.
Miami (FL): They're [Miami (FL) gonna be 5-2
Note: Said before Week 4 when they were 1-2.
-
Northwestern vs.
Michigan Michigan: I personally believe they [Michigan] will be 11-0 when they show up on the old Buckeyes' front door knocking, saying, "let's go play."
Note: Said before Week 5 when Michigan is 4-0.
-
Fresno St. vs.
Boise St. Boise St.: I think they [Boise St.] run the table.
Michigan: I personally believe they [Michigan] will be 11-0 when they show up on the old Buckeyes' front door knocking, saying, "let's go play."
Note: Said before Week 5 when Michigan is 4-0.
Oregon: You seriously want a prediction on that? I think Oklahoma will dominate that. Although Oklahoma going to Oregon next week may not be so pretty for the Sooners.
Note: In response to: "Mr. Herbstreit, what are your thoughts on the OU v. Washington game?"
-
Boise St. vs.
San Jose St. Boise St.: I think they [Boise St.] run the table.
Michigan: I personally believe they [Michigan] will be 11-0 when they show up on the old Buckeyes' front door knocking, saying, "let's go play."
Note: Said before Week 5 when Michigan is 4-0.
Boise St.: I think they [Boise St.] run the table.
Boise St.: I think they [Boise St.] run the table.